Bamboo skewers in the Dutch-Indonesian kitchen are used for BBQ Satay.
1) before you use them: soak the skewers in water for 25 to 30 minutes – completely immerse the skewers in water.
2) then skewer each piece of marinated meat ( 3 to 4 pieces). Move the first piece to the center of the skewer and continue with the other pieces.. showing no bamboo in between or at the end.
3) put the skewers on a plate and pile them up.
4) make sure the barbecue is warming up and when the grill is hot you can start with the skewered meat for about 7 to 10 minutes, turning the skewers until all sides are done.
5) arrange the skewers on a fresh plate or serving tray.