You always wanted to try Indonesian food but ingredients are hard to find? Been meaning to improve your cooking skills? Just looking for something to do while you are stuck inside? Try my online cooking class or give it as a present to someone else. Also great for couples, families and friends. The inaugural class was May 7th, 2020.
Online Cooking Class – remote & interactive
Cooking with group – Choose from different simple menus with easy to source ingredients. You will receive a shopping list and an overview of basic tools you’ll need to cook in your own kitchen. Jeff will give instructions during live session.. Duration: about 60-90 minutes. Great for multiple participants, like group of family, friends and co-workers.
Private cooking instruction – Choose the Rijsttafel-In-A-Box and you will receive a starter kit with all the specialty ingredients (spice pastes, condiments etc.) Also included is a shopping list for the fresh protein and vegetables you have to add. Jeff will give you step by step instructions on how to prepare and serve your own rijsttafel. Duration: about 120 minutes.
Want to hang out, cook and drink some wine with your favorite friends? You will have the opportunity to live chat with chef Jeff for an interactive experience. Learn how easy it is to cook an Indonesian meal.
What to expect:
- Customized shopping list to buy everything you need.
- Written recipe with any special utensils or cooking ware you might need.
- The link to the platform where you will connect with Jeff.
- Wine / Beer not included but encouraged.
Online Cooking Class
Get cooking instructions during live video call up to 90 minutes. Shopping list and recipe will be e-mailed 5 days before the online cooking class. 1 menu item. Online Cooking Instruction with Chef Jeff – $34.95 per person. Minimum of 6 participants and maximum of 12 participants per session.
One-meal options – Indonesian delicacies:
- Soto Ayam – Indonesian chicken soup.
- Pangsit Goreng – fried wontons, meat filling and chili sauce.
- Gado Gado – mixed vegetable salad with peanut sauce.
- Lumpia – Indonesian egg rolls – with sweet and sour dipping sauce
- Dadar Kebertu – Indonesian omelet with ground beef filling.
- Perkedel Jagung – Indonesian corn fritters with dipping sauce.
- Lemper Ayam – Sticky rice rolls with spiced chicken filling.
- Mie Goreng – Indonesian fried noodles.
- Nasi Goreng – Indonesian fried rice.
- Mie Ayam Jamur – chichen mushroom noodles with broth.
- Dadar Gulung – Indonesian pandan crêpe with coconut and palm sugar filling.
- Roti Kukus – steamed cake.
One-item options – Dutch treats:
- Tompouce – puff pastry with pastry cream filling and pink icing.
- Oliebollen – Dutch beignets aka Dutch doughnuts without the hole.
- Pannenkoeken – Dutch pancakes with different toppings.
- Saucijzenbroodjes – spiced sausage rolls made with puff pastry.
- Huzarensalade koude schotel – Dutch style Russian salad dish with extras.
- Bitterballen – Dutch deep-fried breaded snack with beef-base ragout-filling and a side of mustard.
Rijsttafel • In • A • Box
You don’t have to go out to a restaurant to get an Indonesian Rijsttafel. With Rijsttafel • In • A • Box you can stay at home. It’s a convenient way to serve a rijsttafel in a fraction of the time. Order for yourself or as a gift to someone else. When we had our restaurant in Amsterdam back in the 1980’s we pioneered Rijsttafel In A Box, it was a huge success. Now available in the USA.
Rijsttafel • In • A • Box contains ingredients for a carefully selected 10-item, 3-course dinner for two to four people at the same location. The box includes: raw ingredients, spice mixes and some ready made pre-packed dishes that don’t require refrigeration. Also included is a shopping list for fresh products like; protein and vegetables. An all vegetarian Rijsttafel menu is available. Delivery anywhere in continental USA. The cooking date is in accordance with the recipient/chef and the box arrival should be scheduled to arrive at least 48 hours before the cooking date.
INCLUDED: Private Online Cooking Instruction with Chef Jeff. Live one-on-one video call up to 120 minutes to assist the home cook during the cooking process and to give suggestions on how to best serve the Rijsttafel. The online cooking instructions are for the recipient of the box. If you are hosting a dinner party for more than 2-4 people, order extra boxes.
Private Cooking Instruction & Rijsttafel • In • A • Box – $94.00
- Krupuk Udang – shrimp crackers with sambal or peanut sauce dip
- White rice
- Rendang – braised beef in coconut curry – specialty from Sumatra
- Ayam Smoor – braised chicken in sweet soy sauce – specialty from Java
- Gado Gado – mixed vegetables with peanut dressing
- Acar Ketimun – sliced cucumber salad in sweet and sour dressing
- Krupuk Udang – shrimp crackers
- Emping Melindjo – melindjo nut crackers
- Sambal Terasi – spicy condiment – for on the side
- Bawang Goreng – fried onions – to sprinkle over your rice
Bonus: Spekkoek – thousand layer spice cake – serve with your coffee or tea
When you order Rijsttafel-In-A-Box, please fill out the contact form below and type under subject: Rijsttafel-In-A-Box and let Jeff know what your preferred date is and also if you have any special requests or questions.